What tools and how to use when polishing a car at home
In the process of exploitation without proper care, the car body, even the most expensive one, will lose its visual appeal, it will lose its shine, and a great number of small and not very small scratches will appear. The paintwork requires quality care, which consists of periodic washing and obligatory polishing. Some motorists are ready to visit carwashes regularly and pay good money for specialists’ services. Others prefer to do everything with their own hands. In reality, car polishing is not an extremely difficult task to perform on your own. You need to use special tools, work according to the instructions and follow the basic rules. This will allow you to ensure the most attractive appearance of the car without outside help, as well as guarantee additional protection from external influences. Many people underestimate the importance of polishing. But in fact, it plays a key role not only as a tool to maintain the attractive appearance of the vehicle.
Why polish cars
To begin with, it is necessary to understand the functions of car body polishing, because not everyone understands why it is necessary to carry out such activities. Some people for some reason believe that it is enough to wash the car with water and shampoo, wipe it with dry rags and that is all, the job is done. But you should not forget about the last stage, which is just the use of body polish for cars. There are two main functions for which polishing is carried out:
- Small damages, defects and scratches on the paintwork are removed. Polishing can remove bumps, chips and scratches. It is not a question of major damage, as only painting can cope with it. But for small defects, the polish is extremely effective;
- It creates the most attractive appearance. To illustrate, you can simply put two identical cars next to each other, one of which is simply washed with water, and the other polished. The difference will be significant. It is for the sake of this shine that many motorists are willing to spend 1-2 hours on body treatment.
Often the restoring treatment is done at auto body repair shops, where the body is painted and straightened. But there are also those who are willing to do everything with their own hands. If you plan to go to the experts, then keep in mind that the cost of the service depends on a number of factors. Namely:
- The level and status of the auto service center;
- type and size of the car;
- body condition;
- peculiarities of the paint coating;
- severity of damage; etc.
Speaking about the rates in the capital, the approximate cost will be from 4 thousand rubles for the treatment of a small passenger car with minor damage. If you have an SUV and its body has more serious defects requiring a high quality restoration polishing, you will have to pay at least 10 thousand rubles.
Tools for polishing at home
Before you polish the car yourself, you should choose a suitable product that will be able to cope with the task. Therefore, polishing is divided into protective and abrasive. In the first case, polishes are used, designed to process the body without major chips and scratches. The task of the tool is to give the surface a shine. Even a novice motorist can cope with this. The second category is abrasive. It is used when working with scratches, scuffs and chips, which can no longer be removed by conventional protective polish. The process becomes more complicated and time consuming. To perform everything correctly, you need to learn a number of key tips and be extremely accurate. If you do not need a serious car body polishing from scratches, and you want to do everything with your own hands, buy a quality protective compositions. They are available at any store of car chemistry and have a nonabrasive composition. Carefully study the components that make up the protective polish. It is possible to distinguish some of the most effective and actual solutions:
- Waxes. The cheapest protective polishes are made on the basis of wax. You should not expect from them the highest quality. They can withstand up to 3-4 washes, after which it is necessary to rework the car;
- Teflon. Capable of retaining its properties up to 8 washes without additional processing. Synthetic polymers are used for production of the product, which allows creating an effective water-repellent coating. Teflon compounds provide the best shine, give the body color depth and brightness. Additionally, Teflon protects against corrosion and minimizes the negative effects of ultraviolet light on the paint layer;
- Epoxy. Rather expensive compositions that are not very easy to work with. But if you are willing to spend the money and time, the result will exceed your expectations. The composition includes epoxy resins that protect against dust, water and dirt. Copes well with aggressive environments, not allowing them to destroy the paint coating;
- Preservative varnishes. These compounds should be used only if the car is exploited in severe conditions. They repel water perfectly, protect from mechanical and chemical influence. High-quality preservative varnish lasts on the body surface for up to two years.
Such polishing compositions are applied manually, without using a grinder. It is enough to take a good lint-free cloth and carefully rub all elements of the body. But be sure to wash the car before use to get rid of dirt and dust. If you have a grinder at your disposal, it is quite possible to use a soft wheel to apply a protective polish. Polishing compositions have different components. Basically, motorists use means with the addition of:
- liquid glass.
Each product has its own characteristics, composition, degree of abrasiveness and purpose. They should be used according to the manufacturer’s instructions. For abrasive treatment, pastes are used, which contain special abrasives. Such polishing is more complex, as it consists of a greater number of steps, among which sanding with an emery. Only after that, the surfaces are ground with abrasive pastes, wiped, dried, and then a protective polish is applied.
Important rules for polishing
Not everyone reliably knows how to properly polish a scratch on a car. It is not the easiest procedure, which has its own nuances and rules. Relying on important recommendations, you will definitely be able to approach the issue of polishing competently and get rid of a noticeable scratch. Experts highlight the following key rules.
- The choice of materials for treating the body. The approach to purchase should be extremely careful. Be sure to read the recommendations and instructions on the package, the composition and the components included in the polish. Not all means cope with serious defects. But it is also not recommended to buy abrasive compositions for the common shine. Do not be afraid to ask the experts, ask the opinion of car owners on thematic forums.
- Placement. In order for the product to interact well with the body, you must choose a dry and dark room with good ventilation. Also, quality lighting, which allows you to see all the existing damages, defects and scratches, plays an important role.
- Temperature. When you work with an emery or grinder, the surface of the body gets hot. Overheating can cause significant damage and destroy the paint layer. Therefore, it is recommended not to process the same area for a long time.
- Preparation of the bodywork. It lies in the need to remove all contaminants, dust, dirt and necessarily sand. Even a few grains of sand, if they get on the surface of the machine, can create a lot of new damages instead of removing old scratches.
- Do not use polishing pastes on abrasive wheels. This is especially true for products with coarse grains. Remember to constantly move around the bodywork to avoid rubbing the same spot for long periods of time, otherwise you will simply ruin the varnish.
- Never polish your bodywork with gasoline or solvent. These are aggressive and potentially dangerous substances. Some people assure you that gasoline and solvent are great for polishing. But in reality, the paint layer from these agents begins to fade quickly.
- Polish only from the top, moving to the lower parts of the car body. Therefore, first goes the roof, and then to the hood, trunk, and ends with polishing the wings and doors.
Based on these tips, never forget the instructions of the manufacturers of polishing compounds. They will be the basis for the bodywork. The same tips will be an addition and will help to better understand how and in what sequence you need to act.
Treatment procedure at home
There is no need to talk about how to properly polish the car with protective agents, because here it is enough to apply the product to the surface and go through with a lint-free rag. Much more difficult to carry out a restorative polishing of the car body, in which you will have to use a grinder. Without this tool, you will not be able to get a proper result. Such car polishing with their own hands involves several consecutive procedures. To polish the car you will need sandpaper, clean water, sanding paste and machine, foam rubber, clean lint-free rags, rubber scraper and polish.
- Preparing the room. Regarding the place and conditions for work, we have already told. It is better not to polish the car in the open air, and place the vehicle in the garage. Be sure to keep the doors open so that the air can circulate well. The room itself should be cleaned, conduct a wet cleaning so that all the dust settles.
- Lighting. It affects the quality of the work, because if the light is dim and the illumination is insufficient, you simply will not see many scratches that should have been treated. The lights should be placed all around the perimeter around the car, rather than putting all the lighting on just one side.
- Washing. Be sure to thoroughly remove all dirt from the car. Bird droppings, fruit fallen from trees, bits of tar and all sorts of other unnecessary items should be gotten rid of. If you have to use solvents to remove some dirt, moisten a cloth with them and rub. Do not pour gasoline or solvent on the body.
- Fencing. Since you will be treating areas with a paint coating, the plastic will not have to be touched. It is recommended to cover it with duct tape, because due to the high temperature, the polishing paste can stick to the plastic.
- Processing with sandpaper. If there are quite serious scratches and damage, it is required to carry out a restorative polishing, which involves pre-treatment with sandpaper. Sandpaper with an index of 1500 is designed to combat large scratches, and for smaller defects index 2500 will do.
- Water. Always use water during the sandpaper process. It will soften the sandpaper itself, as well as prevent it from clogging quickly, as it does when dry processing. Wet the paper periodically with water while sanding the surfaces of the car.
- Sandpaper. The machining is done in a rotary motion and crosswise. If you use a 1500 sandpaper for deep scratches, go over the surfaces with a finer-grained paper at 2500.
- Don’t overdo it with sandpaper, since inexperienced motorists rub the surface too hard and damage the integrity of the paint layer. If this happens, the car will have to be repainted later, which is also an extremely delicate job.
- Machine. Now it remains to understand how to properly polish your car with a special polishing machine. It is the machine that is the most convenient to use.
- The first is the tightest grinding wheel. Mostly it is made in white, but it is better to make sure when buying it.
- The paste is applied. Do not apply it to a large area at once, because the product will solidify, which will cause you to get the opposite effect when processing the machine. Apply it to a small area and polish.
- Use a machine where you can easily and conveniently control the speed. Do not use machines that are too powerful, as they will quickly damage the paint layer. Do not put too much pressure on the surface and do not rub the corners for a long time.
- When you have finished using the sander, wipe the area with a dry, lint-free cloth. You can move on to the next area.
- If you feel that when you work with the grinder, the wheel is as if it is viscous, rotates more slowly and with great force, the lacquer has overheated and began to melt. Be sure to stop, let the surface cool down. Only then continue the work.
- After you finish polishing with a hard wheel, change to a soft wheel. It is used to process the entire body according to the recommended sequence.
Some motorists wonder how you can polish a car by hand without using a grinder. This is quite a difficult question, because without power tools it is impossible to perform a quality treatment with a similar effect. If you have a budget car or an old foreign car, try using brake fluid. It is applied to a soft, dry cloth and then wiped on the damaged area of the bodywork. The brake fluid can remove small, shallow scratches. The effect may last for a year, but then the body gradually dulls. Treating good foreign cars this way is not recommended.
Conducting polishing work after painting
If your car only after painting, there are nuances about how to properly polish the car. It is necessary to do this, because even a very high quality painting leaves behind noticeable traces. It is by polishing you can get rid of them, bringing the condition of the body to the desired perfection. First of all, preparatory work is carried out, which consists of:
- thorough washing of the vehicle;
- taping the areas that will not be treated with polish;
- blowing with compressed air;
- degreasing the surfaces.
Wet and dry polishing can be performed. Wet polishing involves periodic wetting of the sandpaper in water. This technique is suitable for those who perform manual processing. This method is not suitable when working with a machine. Wet polishing step by step is as follows:
- the surface is treated with clean water;
- On a plastic spatula is wound on a sandpaper with a grain size of about 1200-1500;
- gradually wetting the body with water from the sprayer, is carried out processing sandpaper;
- The paper removes all the irregularities;
- change the paper to a finer grit about 2000-2500;
- using a protective paste and a grinder, perform the treatment of the entire body.
When the job is complete, be sure to wash the car, using a quality car shampoo. This will allow you to remove the remains of the paste, as well as finally consolidate the result.
Advantages of professional treatment
How to perform car polishing with your own hands, you already know. The procedure is not an easy one, if we talk about restorative treatment. But many stubbornly continue to do everything on their own, ignoring the services of car repair shops. Nowadays it is not difficult to find instructions and advice on how to polish a car body without assistance, using improvised tools and materials available in any store. But most of these methods involve a soft polish that is done with no more than 2 polishing wheels, one paste and a couple of rags for finishing. You shouldn’t expect incredible results from such a procedure that will last for months. No one gives a guarantee of quality polishing. Only a few amateurs can achieve a result similar to a professional finish. And they will have to put a lot of effort, time and nerves. If you give preference to professional polishing, you will get the following advantages:
- several different polishing materials in terms of purpose and effectiveness are used at once;
- During processing, professional equipment is used, which is extremely unprofitable to buy for personal use;
- Often polishing one car is engaged at least 2 masters;
- Materials for polishing choose on the basis of a variety of factors that may affect the final result;
- Experienced specialists work on the car, which minimizes any errors and mistakes.
If you are faced with quite serious damage to the paint layer, it is better to entrust the work to proven craftsmen. Each car owner decides for himself how and how often to take care of his own vehicle. Some devote time to their car literally every week, others wash it only rarely, and you can only dream about polishing the car. It’s not difficult to guess who has a car that will last longer and look much more attractive. The choice is yours.
Car polishing with your own hands
Article saved for yourself. Car body polishing with your own hands-process is not complicated, mastering it you can not only protect your car from aggressive environmental influences, thereby prolong its life, but also save a certain amount of money. Car body polishing with your own hands is a 2-3 hours of fascinating work on a day off, and you will get great satisfaction from the dazzling shine of your car.
It is recommended to perform protective polishing 2-3 times a year depending on storage conditions, intensity of operation, and other factors influencing the lacquer coating. The cost of works at services is about 1000 rubles. Is it worth it to master this not tricky procedure? Thus, gain experience for life. “After all, experience is not lost.
There are 2 main types of car body polishing:
Polishing to protect the paint coating, the so-called “protective”, is designed for new or freshly painted cars. Conventionally, we can say that cars up to three years of operation have “fresh” paint, they need protective polishing. Restorative polishing with the help of abrasive pastes is used for “weathered” cars, which have on their surface an abundance of small marks, scratches, that have lost their attractive appearance.
It should be noted that you can perform abrasive polishing only 2-3 times during the life of the car, because each time a part of the paint coating is removed.
Restorative polishing is a more complicated process, requires much experience, special equipment and large financial expenses. In this case it is better to contact a specialist. And very carefully to choose a master. But if you have an overwhelming desire, why not try it yourself?
Polish the body with your own hands
A little about the structure of the paint coating.
In the pictures we see several layers of car coating: phosphate protective film (chemical protection), primer, several layers of paint and varnish. Like human skin, paintwork, including new cars, has natural pores. Even such a seemingly powerful pie does not provide a complete overlap of these pores.
Acidic precipitation, salt, water, reagents gradually penetrate deep into the paint and the inevitable process of chemical reaction begins. This is how corrosion occurs. If no additional measures are taken, in the form of protective polishing, after a while the first “freckles” will appear, and the first rust stains are not far away from them. It should be noted that in cities this process is much faster.
In order to postpone this murderous affair, additional protection of a car body is needed. The principle of action of protective polishes is based on the fact that they fill microcracks and pores of car surface, give shine and newness to paint. But this type is not durable and washes off over time.
Quality protective polishes on a polymer basis can work for 5-6 months, depending on the intensity of use, storage conditions, number of washes and other external factors. Therefore, it is recommended to carry out this procedure twice a year: before winter and in spring. This also applies to new cars.
The glossiness of the coating is an indicator of the quality of the protective layer. If the body shines, it means the protection is working, reflecting ultraviolet rays and repelling water and dirt.
It is necessary to take care of your “favorite” from the moment you buy it, and then in a few years it will look like only from the conveyor.
Consider the standard method of applying polish. Technology of polishing a body with your own hands
Before proceeding to work, the car must be thoroughly washed and dried. Remove bitumen stains, traces from insects, buds with special products for this purpose. For better adhesion of the polish and lacquer you must carefully degrease the paintwork. For this purpose, it is better to use special agents for deep cleaning (e.g. firm Hi-Gear, a proven option).
This procedure will finally help to remove traces of insects, buds, tar, residues of old polish and other contaminants.
You will see for yourself that even without the application of polish, your car will look much fresher. This point is very important when polishing.
Shake the substance well. Degrease with a soft flannel cloth, in parts, for example, visually dividing the roof into four parts, or the trunk into two parts. Similarly, you should polish the car. This stage of preparation is the basis of quality polishing, so I have dwelled on this point in quite some detail.
The polishing process itself. Before using, shake the tube with polish well.
We apply the substance directly from the bottle on an area of 40x40cm. or 50×50, you can small strips or dots, and using a small parralon sponge we spread evenly over the surface with circular motions. Wait some time, 1-2 minutes, so that the polish dries up a little, and using special polishing cloths we polish it to a shining film.
The more thoroughly you do this, the better protection you will get. Do not let the substance finally dry, otherwise, and the layer will not be uniform, and the work is much harder.
After you have passed one or two sections, you will learn by yourself to determine both the amount of polish applied (it is important not to overdo it) and the exposure time.
It must be said. For polishing it is better to use special polishing cloths. Their cost is not high, but the benefit is great. You can buy them at any auto cosmetics store. You will need 4-5 wipes for the whole body, but it is better to buy with plenty.
Thus, in small sections, you treat the entire surface of the car. The complete shrinkage of the protective agent occurs within 24 hours. During this time you can use the car, but it is better to refrain from driving for about two hours. Conditions during work.
It is very important under what conditions and where to polish. It is not recommended to perform this procedure in the sun, in the hot weather, as essential oils and solvent quickly volatilize from the polish, and the composition dries up quickly. In cold weather, it takes a long time to dry and is difficult to polish.
Never allow dust or sand to get in. You can make a very big mess, and as a result, you will need to do a restorative polish. Therefore, it is better to work indoors.
This is basically all about the technology of applying the protective polish. How do you know when the protection stops working?
The less wettable it is, the better it repels water and protects your car better. You can visually determine the wettability when washing your car. If water collects in large drops, like mercury, then the protection is working. If it easily spreads over the surface, it is time to apply polish again. Car body polishing with your own hands
A little more information.
By its composition polishes are divided into wax (vegetable or animal origin) and synthetic (polymer). Compounds based on wax or silicone can withstand only 2-3 sinks. They are not expensive, have a good but not durable result, and are most frequently used in pre-sale preparation of a car. They are applied quickly and easily, and give a good deep effect.
By durability and better protection, indisputably win polymer coatings, they are much more expensive, it is harder to work with them, but the quality is much higher. Therefore, I advise not to buy cheap things and to use only quality consumables, not only polishes but also degreasers and wipes.
Having some experience in this matter, when choosing polishing pastes, you can pay attention to such companies as: ZM, R-M, Meguiars, SIA, Sonax, Wurth. These are professional systems.
Using the materials of these companies you can apply protection with a polishing machine or a rotary vibrator (eccentric travel 3-5mm). At the same time, the composition and surface are slightly heated, interacting better with each other, the composition penetrates deeply into the pores of paint, filling them to the maximum, which greatly increases the quality of work and durability of protection. Restoration of the lacquer coating includes 3 major steps, which in turn are divided into several sub-items: preparation of the car, restoration polishing itself, the application of a protective layer.Of course, these divisions are conditional. Preparation works.
It is necessary to carefully wash and dry your car.
Bitumen, insects and kidney marks should be removed using special tools.
3. degrease with deep cleaner.
On these three points I will not describe much, you can read here.
If after degreasing remained stubborn dirt, it is necessary to clean the surface with a special clay, respectively the system that you use, in the following sequence:
moisten the surface with a cleaner, apply the clay to an area of 60×60 cm.and start processing with light pressure in a forward-backward direction, when the surface becomes smooth, wipe with a clean towel, repeat the operation as necessary.
It is not necessary to go over the whole machine, only the contaminated areas, it is advisable to degrease them once again after treatment.
5.Matting or sanding the surface with your bare hands or a rotary vibrating machine with an eccentric stroke of 3-5 mm.If you are doing it for the first time, it is better to use the first method.
We take a pre-soaked sheet of abrasive sandpaper (11h14cm.) With grading P2000, clamp the corner between your little finger and ring finger, thumb hold.
Sprayer moistens the area (or better to use a hose with running water) and start sanding crosswise to cross.We work on small areas.For example, the roof is divided into 4 parts, the trunk – in 2.
I want to draw attention to the fact that before use, to get a good elasticity, sandpaper should be soaked for 15-20 minutes.As for sanding the body you will need several sheets, soak them together in a separate container.Rinse sandpaper should be in another bucket.
In this way we grind the entire surface of the car.
When sanding or polishing never go as far as the edge of the part, but leave 1-1.5cm, do not sand the hard edges.
6. “Do No Harm!” After you finish matting, wipe the body with a soft, damp cloth, let it dry and check the quality of the work.The surface should be uniformly matte.It should not be carried away completely removing scratches, as this is only the first stage of work.It will be better if even a small risk remains, which in the end polishing, on the general mirror background will not be visible.
Another outcome.You wipe the varnish to the paint, there is a halo.This defect is corrected only by repainting. Be very attentive and do not overdo it. It is better to follow the rule “do no harm!
7.Masking.We wrap rubber seals, door handles, moldings, plastic parts and other necessary elements with masking tape.You should not use construction masking tape, but special tape that painters use when painting cars.
It adheres tightly to the surface, leaving no gaps, and removes well after use. You will need 1-2 skeins of 50 meters for the entire car.
Why do I need to mask? To avoid accidentally damaging the parts listed and getting dirty when working with the machine.
When performing preparatory work, you should take into account the original state of the paint coating.Depending on this, points 4 or 5 can be skipped. Car polishing with your own hands
To call it basic, in my opinion, will not be quite right, as the quality of polishing depends on the thoroughness of the work performed at each stage and sub-item. WURTH.
For clarity, let’s consider the PROFI polishing program from WURTH.
We will need a polisher and three abrasive pastes of different calibrations: rough, art.893 153, medium, art.893 154, fine, art.893 155, polishing wheels (another name of substrate), a special cloth from microfiber, for removing residual polish. Better of course three for each paste separately.
The polishes have a very precise size of abrasive grains, have a predetermined hardness and do not disintegrate during polishing.
The programme also includes long-term protection of the polished surface, giving it a saturated, mirror-like shine – Art.No. 893 0126. The surface of the car becomes impervious to the sun’s rays, reflecting them, reagents from our roads, brushes, ice scrapers and other negative influences.
In simplified terms, restorative polishing includes a sequential treatment of the body of the three above-mentioned pastes: coarse, medium and fine. And for each of the pastes are designed specially matched to the hardness of the polishing wheels. For clarity, they are differentiated by color:
black fur – the most aggressive, designed for rough treatment and, accordingly, for coarse pastes;
yellow foam – also for rough polishing, but it is less aggressive, can be used with medium paste;
blue foam – for medium abrasive polish, can also be used with coarse polish on freshly painted cars when repairing paint defects;
orange foam – for fine abrasive, and when applying a protective layer.
It is impossible to say unequivocally that with “this” paste is used this substrate, with “the other” – this. It all depends on the condition of the paint coating. Soft paint or hard, deep risks or just a cobweb.
For example! If your car is black, has no obvious rough scratches, but just a little weathered, faded, lost its former youth, and you want to update it.
In this case you can not sand with sandpaper, exclude the processing of coarse paste and immediately start with medium. The meaning, I think you have grasped – it all depends on the condition of the coating and what the result of polishing cars with your own hands you would like to have. Technology of work with pastes.
We set the necessary wheel on the polisher.
Shake well the tube with polishing.
Apply a small amount of polish to the area to be treated, 50x50cm, you can do it with dots or small broken lines.
Without turning on the machine, a corner evenly scatter the substance over an area. Why a corner, and not the entire plane of the circle.Rotating, the substrate itself will evenly distribute the paste on itself.Thus, and the circle evenly impregnated, and on the surface – an even distribution of polish.
Turning the machine on low speed, now pass the entire plane of the area. Increase speed and continue polishing.
The surface of the body should not heat up too much, so you can not work for a long time in one place. Make sure that the polishing wheel is not completely dry by periodically moistening it.On the other hand, the paste must not splash. How to remove scratches from under the door handles.
Take the not completely spent sandpaper P2000, left after matting by hand, and without pressure grind the surface under the handles.
Then a sheepskin wheel, again manually, rough paste treat. As a rule, the scratches disappear. There is no need to do anything else. 3М
Now briefly let’s get acquainted with the PERFEKT polishing system from 3M. This is a high-tech American company that supplies the market with materials and equipment for bodywork.Technology for surface treatment in restorative polishing – common to all systems.
09374 – Fast Cut high-performance coarse abrasive paste
093775 – medium effective abrasive paste
Non abrasive polish for high gloss 09376
09377 – Shine protection paste, so called “protective”.
01927 -aggressive wool polishing buff, used with paste 09374
09550 -less aggressive foam polishing disc, suitable for paste 09374 or 09375, yellow
09378 – black foam rubber, suitable for paste 09376
05729-black foam rubber disc, to be used with the 09377 protection paste, to be installed on the orbital-excursion machine.
The gloss protection polish 09377 can also be applied and polished by hand with a special polishing cloth.
I’m not going to describe 3M technology, it’s about the same as WURTH’s. I’d rather let you in on a little secret: On light-colored cars, with light body wear, you can skip the medium abrasive compound 09375 and go straight to 09376. But it is necessary to pass the 74th number and sheepskin and yellow foam wheel, saving time while achieving the same quality.
With black colors is more difficult.We must apply all three basic pastes, plus a protective polish, and still plus this, anti-hologram polish.
In this article: Polishing cars with your own hands, we got acquainted with two polishing programs, and both are worthy of respect.
The best results are reached under condition of complex use of products of one program.This concerns both polishes and specially picked up to them circles.It is extremely undesirable to mix polishes with pastes of different companies-manufacturers. But this thesis applies (this is my opinion) only to the abrasive polishing three basic pastes.
For example, in our practice we use the 3M program. And protection is applied polish from WURTH. In this case you get a very good result.
Overall, both programs, combined with the human factor, show very good results.