How to make the best fragrance in the car with your own hands
Any car enthusiast wants his car interior to be clean and pleasantly smelling. Everyone’s preferences are different – someone prefers the smell of coffee, and someone will choose citrus fruits. The best choice is to make your own fragrance from food ingredients that are harmless to your health.
The variety of flavors
Now on the shelves there is a wide range of different manufactured car fresheners with different scents – both classic and exotic, which can not be compared to anything else. Therefore, it is impossible to say definitively which scent in the car will be better than the others.
If you decide to make a car fragrance with your own hands then you should first decide on the scent . What are the flavors and properties of essential oils for gel fragrances:
- Ylang ylang. It has a relaxing effect, has a positive effect on the nervous system and relieves stress.
- Lemon. Has a strong antiseptic effect. It helps to protect from insects and pests in the passenger compartment.
- Cinnamon. It has invigorating effect, removes fatigue and increases attention while driving. Can interrupt the strong smell of tobacco.
- Verbena. Increases concentration and concentration of the driver. Lifts mood and a sense of alertness.
- Fir. The most popular choice. Fights germs and insects, eliminates foreign persistent odors in the cabin .
But it is not necessary to use oil to make it yourself. There are many natural ingredients that have a pleasant smell and have a positive effect on the body, for example:
- Coffee. The easiest option. You can use your favorite type of coffee beans. Fresh beans can keep their scent for up to a month.
- Anise. Used medicinally to clear the airways.
- Fennel. Has the scent of a men’s deodorant with a refreshing effect.
If you decide to use an essential oil as the basis for a fragrance, do not be afraid to mix scents in small proportions, such experiments will make you happy with the results. The glass jars of oil concentrate should not be discarded, but can be used as the body for the fragrance.
Making your own
The following ingredients will be needed to make your own fragrance in your car:
- Case (cream, oil, deodorant ball jars will work fine).
- Essential oil.
- A synthetic baggie for the filler.
To make a fragrance in the car with your own hands, you will need to do the following:
- For one glass of boiled water add 10-12 drops of essential oil.
- In a separate container, pour the baking soda and pour the prepared solution, stirring thoroughly until homogeneous. Then pour the mixture into a prepared mold.
- After the mixture hardens, taking the form, you can put the fragrance in the car.
Christmas tree .
The most popular format of car fragrance. It can also be made by yourself. The shape can be made to your own taste.
You will need cardboard 2-3 millimeters thick, cut to the desired shape. After that, wrap the cut out shape in felt, and make a hole in the top for a string. No more than 8 drops of essential oil is required. For the first ten days there will be a concentrated and intense smell inside the cabin, and after the covers and upholstery absorb the fragrance, it will last for the next three months.
The longest-lasting is the fragrance based on gelatin, it is able to keep the smell for two months.
To make it, you will need:
- Glycerin – 1 spoonful.
- Essential oil – 8 drops.
- Food gelatin – 80 grams.
Dilute gelatin with water according to the instructions on the package, if desired, you can prepare a thicker solution by adding a smaller volume of liquid. Add glycerin to the mixture and mix it thoroughly. After that, pour everything into the prepared case and add essential oil.
It is not necessary to buy expensive air fresheners and fragrances for the cabin of the car. You can make them yourself. Your favorite smell and the shape you choose will bring more pleasant emotions than a factory product.