Dichro relays with time delay.
Daytime Running Lights are a must. They are necessary to improve the safety of drivers, and reduce the statistics of accidents. The lights provide a catchy and expressive car, making it visible to other road users. Therefore, it is necessary to install lights, and for this you need to know how to connect the running lights, the scheme of their connection. DRL scheme may not be one, there are a lot of them. One scheme for installing daytime running lights can be simple for you, but another scheme for installing DRLs is complicated. Also, one daytime running lights installation scheme can be done in a few minutes, while another daytime running lights connection scheme will require you to work with a soldering iron and expend a lot of effort. But, it is worth noting that each scheme – automatic activation of daytime running lights is quite feasible on its own. We will tell you the most common and fairly easy schemes for connecting daytime running lights, which will independently and quickly get a stylish and practical device, as well as a security product.
Scheme of activation of daytime running lights at the beginning of movement and stop.
This scheme is suitable for all Russian cars. All cars are marked with parking lights, which corresponds to the requirements of traffic rules and the law. In such cases, the source of movement is a sensor that determines the speed of the car.
Thus, you need to follow this plan:
- Contacts 1.1 of the automatic – dipped beam control unit should be plugged into the wiring gap from the switch to pin 85 of the RBS. If you need to turn the dipped beam on when parked, then you will need to “parallelize” the contacts responsible for this.
- Relay K1 – must be with vehicle code 851.3747. But, experts say that you can use any relay that provides an opening pair of contacts, as well as stably working at a voltage, namely from 6 to 14 V.
In order to see the scheme in more detail, just click and enlarged version will open in a new window.
Running lights wiring diagram: the use of PTFs.
For the car VAZ 2110, the scheme for connecting the running lights in this way is ideal. To do this, it is initially necessary to disconnect the regular scheme, which included fog lights and do a little reworking, making it so that it provides the activation of the glow after the ignition of the car. For this purpose, any thyristor, for example, with a current of 0.3 A may be suitable. It is recommended to choose a capacitor of 1500 μF 25 V, which will provide even up to 23 seconds of activation delay. For the resistors it is mandatory to have a power of 0.25W and 10Kohm. This circuit can easily fit in a relay box, and can be placed in a wiring block. How to proceed:
- Initially, you must disconnect the minus wire that is on the winding of the relay, which provides the activation of the window lifters and make its insulation.
- Find the wire that comes from the fog lights button. Deactivate it and remove it from its original place, putting it on the disconnected wire in the first point.
- After that, you can insert the finished design back into the socket.
Diagram of DRL connection when the car’s motor is ignited.
The scheme is used for many cars and is ideal for VAZ 2110. The essence of this scheme is that a special jumper is put on the relay from the fog lights from the field winding supply.
- Remove dashboard from the car
- Pull out the button responsible for activation of PTF.
- Disconnect the angled wire from the plug.
- Connect it with the necessary wire responsible for automatic lighting when the car engine is on.
- Insert in the free space on the plug and return the button to its original location.
In order to see the scheme in more detail, just click and enlarged version will open in a new window.
Such a wiring diagram for the connection of the exhaust lights from the generator will provide automatic activation of the glow of the devices. It is worth noting that the scheme for connecting the running lights is suitable in the event that you use fog lights for this purpose. If you do everything correctly, then when you turn on the alternator of the car – the light comes on, and when you turn off – goes out. At the same time, the lights are activated by the button, and the ignition switch remains open.
Diagram of connection of the low-beam headlights.
The principle is similar to the above, that is, it is the third scheme, the daytime running lights will also automatically turn on when the car is ignited, but now together with the dipped beam. The lights are switched off after stopping, and the parking lights remain inactive. The rest of the lighting systems remain in the same mode. Action steps:
- Initially, you will need to arm two LEDs of minimum power, such as 1A – KD10. They should be connected in series.
- Next, you should solder a wire to them, the length of which will be an average of 40cm.
- Disassemble the dashboard of the car, in order to connect the workpiece to pin 12 of the connector X1. Often the color of the wire is yellow.
- Take out the button responsible for turning on the lights.
- Connect to the green wire of the connector (this is often the color) with your billet. Alternatively, you can insert a stripped wire into the socket of the connector.
- After that, put the button back in its place and check that the system works.
- If you need to make a stop with the engine running, but with the parking lights on and the dipped beam off, then you need to insert this button in the slot of the wire.
Diagram of the sidelights: automatic switching on/off, depending on the generator.
This circuit diagram of the running lights was tested on the Lada Priora and on the VAZ 2110, where in both versions worked perfectly.
- The first scheme in the figure is designed in the case when the work is related only to the handbrake and the motor.
- The second circuit in the figure has an additional resistor, which is responsible for switching off the daytime lights when the operation of parking lights or headlights is activated. This is done by feeding a “+” to the base of the transistor number KT814.
- The third proposed scheme provides deactivation of burning of daytime running lights in the following cases: if the handbrake is raised (when starting the engine or for its automatic activation with the alarm); if the lights are on (then the lights or fog lights are transferred to normal mode). Simply put, this scheme of activation of daytime running lights cancels their automatic start together with the ignition of the generator. It is worth noting that this scheme of connecting the daytime running lights with the disabling of automatic function has passed the GTO.
Running lights scheme: automatic switching on with the ignition and deactivation when the dipped beam or lights are on.
The scheme is suitable for many cars and is ideal for VAZ 2110. This variant uses an oil pressure sensor, which is taken from the socket in the dashboard of the car. The signal to start the engine comes from this sensor. At the same time, if you activate the lights, or turn on the dipped beam, then the lights will automatically turn off.
Diagram of connection of the low-beam headlights through a relay: function of damping of the light intensity.
When ignition is automatic, but if you turn on the dipped beam or fog lights, then the sidelights reduce the intensity by 1/3. When running lights – the lights continue to emit light actively. The principle of this action is to switch the relay 2, when activating the value at the time of turning on the dipped beam and the fog lights. Also, a resistor, which is located in front of the lights on the same field wire, coming from the dipped and fog lights, is involved in this process. You can use a diode for this, so that the power from one device does not go to the other.
Scheme of switching on the sidelights with a delay of 7 seconds after ignition.
With this scheme, the sidelights go off when the parking lights are activated, and when the engine is off. If you blink high beam, then the lights will not go out, and besides the load on the electrical circuit, this scheme also does not add. Actions:
- On the wire coming from the dash – put a button. This is necessary in order to comply with GOST, which requires the ability to manually turn off. Territorially it can be placed next to the block, which is responsible for controlling the heating.
- Приобретите специальные колодки реле, для того, чтобы удобней производить монтаж. Необходимо на клипсы подсоединить к блоку предохранителя собранную схему./li>
- It is most convenient to assemble the circuit in the case, while making sure that the relay is deactivated. Only 5 wires are assembled: from the exhaust lights, from the lights, from the constant “+” and constant “-“, as well as from the motor lamp, through a special button.
- You can use 5-pin or 4-pin relays. In a non-working relay remove all the contents and solder the “timer” on the contacts of the coil.
If these circuits are very difficult for you and working with electrical circuits is difficult, then you can buy ready-made controllers, i.e. control units that provide automatic switching on of your dimming lights and many other functions. Also, all the modern sets of siren lights already come with this block, which has only 3 wires and is easy to connect in the car. And how to do this correctly, you can learn in the article “Rules of installing and connecting the headlights.
Write a comment
Comment: Attention: HTML is not supported!
Fulfilling the requirements of the new changes of traffic rules, you should turn on dipped beam on the vehicle when driving on a country road, even in the daytime. In the city too, you must not forget to turn on the lights in low visibility conditions.
In addition to the compulsory cases imposed by law, each driver has the right to decide when it is necessary to protect themselves and others. It is recommended to switch on the light on the car when passing a section of road near kindergartens, schools, playgrounds. Any transport, especially gray, black, white body color, becomes more noticeable in times when head lights are on.
On a clear day, when the sun makes you squeeze your eyes shut, there’s no incentive to reach for the headlight key. It’s a different matter when the automatics will remember the important stuff for you. And to make sure that the circuit of the automatic light switch is only happy, and not be thrown out of the car soon, a few conditions should be met:
- The headlights should be lit with a delay of 10-15 seconds after the engine is started. This is necessary so that there is no large voltage drop with simultaneous operation of the powerful lighting load and the starter.
- The lights should turn off with a delay (time must be chosen individually) after the engine is shut off. This is important so that the lights do not clang unnecessarily if you need to turn off the car near a crossing or for quick refueling. Homemade control unit for the parking lights.
- The electronics must operate at a relatively high current. So it is necessary that neither humidity nor temperature changes inside the car in a wide range, not strongly affect the work of the elements of the circuit of automatic activation of headlights.
So, for a long time tested, and successfully used, here is such a simple scheme:
Instead of these elements you can use other elements:
- Microcircuit K561LA7 can be replaced by K561LE5, CD4001, CD4011. The logic of the inputs does not matter, since only the inversion of the outputs is used.
- Diodes KD522 – on KD521, KD105, 1N4148.
- Transistor KT815A – to KT817, KT604.
- All the capacitors need to be matched to 25V.
Or try another, easier to assemble soft ignition device.
- It is important to connect the anode of the diode VD1 to the output of the ACC ignition switch, from which the voltage is supplied to the ignition circuit or injector switch on. But not to the starter switch terminal, since in this case the headlights will either not turn on at all or go off immediately after the engine is started.
- The chip is powered directly from the battery (+Akk, -Akk) and not from a switchable circuit.
- Open contacts of the standard car relay K1 are connected in the gap of the cable from the power supply circuit to the low beam contacts.
Circuit set up
Headlight on delay time can be set longer than 10-15 seconds by adjusting the resistor R2 with larger resistance.
Headlight off delay time can be reduced if you want (for this circuit, it is 5-10 minutes) by setting the resistor R1 of smaller resistance.
Changing the delay time by replacing capacitor C1 is undesirable, because such an element with an unusually high capacitance (the circuit uses 2200 μF) is necessary to produce a relatively high current. If you use a small capacitor in the time-charging circuit, you would have to put mega ohm resistors R1, R2, which are not stable due to high leakage currents. You might as well put together a scheme for smooth switching of the car logo and the LEDs.
Reworking for 24 volts
- Take all the capacitors of the same capacity but for 50 volt.
- Change the resistor R3 to another one of 300 Ohm.
- Between the pins 7 and 14 of the microcircuit it is advisable to put a 5 volt stabilitron.
- And don’t forget to replace the relay with a 24 volt one.
Good luck on the road.
Author: Petrov Vladimir.
Devices with unknown actions and properties, especially homemade, connect through fuses.
The device turns on the dipped beam automatically after 8-10 seconds. The circuit is easy to repeat even for a beginner radio amateur, contains few radio elements and is reliable in operation.
Consider the operation of the circuit:
When the X1 terminal is supplied with 12v power from the car ignition switch, voltage through a resistor goes to the capacitor, which begins to charge. When it reaches a certain voltage level, after 8-10 seconds, the transistor opens and the relay is activated. Its contacts are closed and power is supplied to the car circuit. The running lights can be connected directly to terminal X2. If there are no running lights but only dipped beam, terminal X2 is connected to the car’s dipped beam switch.
The circuit is assembled by hinged mounting. After assembling and testing the circuit, all the radio elements are packed in a box or in several layers of duct tape. The device is installed in the car in a convenient place for mounting.
Details: The transistor C3987 can be replaced with KT829A. The electrolytic capacitor should be smaller in size. Relay for contact current not less than 5A (everything depends on the power of the running lights) and coil resistance not less than 120 Ohm.
After reconnecting for a while, the capacitor may not have time to discharge… Corrected schematic courtesy of Zanderr
Smooth switching of the auto logo and the low beam headlights
Good afternoon dear fellow circuit fans, I hasten to share with you a unique development which helped me change the look of my “Tavrilka” a bit. In fact, I am not the author and creator of this home-made device, but since the description of its creation scattered all over the Internet, I have tried to collect everything together.
The meaning of the device is that when you press the light switch on the torpedo, should turn on, and slowly turn on the car logo, and then – lights. When the dipped beam is switched on, the sidelights are switched off. When the ignition is turned off, the logo is turned off first, and then the LEDs are turned off, and again, everything is going smoothly. At the very end of the article there is a video presentation. Since the video was filmed on the phone, it is not very good quality. But I want to say for sure that LEDs do not blind the eyes and are clearly visible even in the daytime.
The first thing I did was to make a logo. Since my “Tavrice” has the logo “ZAZ”, I actually modernized it. For any car you can make any logo.
For the assembly were used 155 Chinese LEDs 3528 with color temperature of 6000. Current consumption is 52 mA.
The board can be ordered or made by yourself as the etching of the board takes a long time.
Next is the LEDs.
The printed circuit board (also in the archive)